GOODTIME's PCMAC HACKINTOSH BLOG

Hackintosh, OSx86, PCs, Macs, Home Made Airport cards, Building your own Mac or PC from scratch, The Home Brew II computer club of the new millennium. Steve Jobs Apple Inc. eat your heart out. I will get a New Mac one day. Just not today.



Monday, April 17, 2006

Home Brew Intel Mac Update:

Yesterday, I got Mac OS X 10.4.6 Intel to run 100% on my Home Brew Mac. Took some time getting the GMA900, USB Audio, and 1000-Base T Networking figured out, but was able to do it in one sitting.

So far I am batting 1000 (5 for 5) and got all these to work on my Hackintoshes:
10.4.1 Disk Image (only ran it on my Compaq Laptop.)
10.4.3 Install DVD (Compaq Laptop and Darth Vader)
10.4.4 Upgrade DV only
10.4.5 Upgrade DV only, plus 2 security updates
10.4.6 Updated 10.4.5 using a bootable patched System Restore 10.4.4/10.4.6 JaS DVD - DV only


Windows Virtual Machine on Mac OS X:

I've bought a pre-order copy of Parallel's. Beta3 works great on the Intel Mac. We tested it here a MacBook Pro and on Darth Vader. In many cases running Windows 2003 Server on Mac OS X using Parallels Workstation was twice as fast as a native 2.4 Dual Ghz PC, both the MacBook Pro and the PC had 2 GB RAM.

I did an X-bench test with my 10.4.6 seems faster than 10.4.5 on my Intel Mac; can't tell a difference on my work G5.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Blogger goodtime said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger goodtime said...

Beta 5 of Parallels Workstation 2.1 for Mac OS X is out.

Great piece of software. Running Beta 4 now, will upgrade to Beta 5 this weekend.

One day Parallel's might support running Mac OS X as a guest, which would be great for PC users. (good for Apple too as long as users purchase OS X for Intel which I am sure they would!)

Goodtime

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home