GOODTIME's PCMAC HACKINTOSH BLOG

Hackintosh, OSx86, PCs, Macs, Home Made Airport cards, Building your own Mac or PC from scratch, The Home Brew II computer club of the new millennium. Steve Jobs Apple Inc. eat your heart out. I will get a New Mac one day. Just not today.



Friday, February 09, 2007

3D Graphics in a VM on Mac OS X Fusion? Yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF_CoXsXtk4

This is impressive to see 3D Graphics Acceleration on Mac OS X within a Windows Virtual Machine. This brings Mac gaming to a whole new level! I don't know if this will work on Hacktinoshes, but seeing it running on several Mac Book Pro's and MacPro's is really cool.

a 3D Graphics Environment in a Sandbox. Nice.

I just might have to purchase the latest version of VMware's Fusion this year and give it a whirl. My kids would love to play the Windows version of Star Wars lego I & II on a Mac instead of a PC. :)

Now it's time for Parallels to step it up because VMWare's Fusion now has a leg up on you guys. Parallels was headed out the gate first, but now Fusion is catching up and is passing Parallels. This is going to be some tough competition for both companies. This will be really good for the consumer. Speaking of competition, where is VirtualPC for the Mac? Looks like Microsoft killed another Mac product. Here is what Bill Gates is thinking to himself, "Oops, I did it again. I got lost in the game and screwed another product. At least we will still have Tiger, I mean Vista and Aqua, I mean Aero. I'm not that innocent." Great job M$, you poisoned another up an coming product. Smooth move.

Go Fusion Go! I hope Parallels stays in the game. :)

gt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home