GOODTIME's PCMAC HACKINTOSH BLOG

Hackintosh, OSx86, PCs, Macs, Home Made Airport cards, Building your own Mac or PC from scratch, The Home Brew II computer club of the new millennium. Steve Jobs Apple Inc. eat your heart out. I will get a New Mac one day. Just not today.



Sunday, February 04, 2007

Apple to support HD-DVD and Blue-Ray in 10.5?

I read rumors that Apple's DVD Player will sport a new interface and also support HD-DVD and Blue-Ray. Apple's website says that version 4.6 of DVD Player support High Definition video and with DV Studio Pro 4 it can play authored HD-DVDs. But can it play HD-DVDs now? Many sites say no.

I haven't found any concrete evidence from Apple about full support for HD-DVD and Blue-Ray, but I would think it needs to support these new standards before somebody else does like VLC.

Right now I would like to use the USB HD-DVD Player for the Xbox on my Mac, but without software its a little early to spend the 200 bucks for it.

gt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home