GOODTIME's PCMAC HACKINTOSH BLOG

Hackintosh, OSx86, PCs, Macs, Home Made Airport cards, Building your own Mac or PC from scratch, The Home Brew II computer club of the new millennium. Steve Jobs Apple Inc. eat your heart out. I will get a New Mac one day. Just not today.



Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mac OS X 10.5 and Blu-Ray or HD-DVD Macs from Apple!

When 10.5. is released and it does support HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, it will immediately start selling computers with either a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. It would be crazy not to, plus including a Mac that supports either or both formats would boost sales.

If I want to watch HD-DVD movies, I need a HDCP compatible Video Card (my 7300 GT is does not that I know of), I do have a HDCP monitor, then I would need a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player. After all that, my CPU might not be fast enough to play 1080p content, so then I would probably just get a brand new mac that already supports it and it would be much faster.

What's funny is video cards first got better because of Prepress and Graphic Design. Next Video Gamers needed better video cards, now HD computers need better video cards and Processors to keep up with HD-DVD decyption. Seems endless.

Computer manufacturers should have a Computer Club Membership. For $1000/yr. Apple could send you a new computer. A year later if you return that computer, Apple would send you another new one as long as you keep your membership in good standing. If you opt out of the Membership, then you would owe Apple the balance due on the $2500 machine ($1500) and could keep the computer which would probably be obsolete in another year because of some new technology. I would probably pay $1000/yr. if I was guaranteed a computer that would be up-to-date on both the hardware and software side. Think about it, we probably pay Cable this much and see don't get better service year after year for the same money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home